View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
UPDATE 2:

It's here! It's here!

I called on Tuesday evening, and apparently Sony shipped out the replacement yesterday, with FedEx over-night delivery. My husband works from home every day, so he was there to sign for the delivery and he sent me a text to let me know the new reader arrived. There is a FedEx shipping label in the box, and a card with a "we're very sorry that your product required service. please let us send you a survey a week from now on how well we handled this"-message.

The replacement 950 has a sticker on the back that says "refurbished" but it looks brand new. Hopefully whoever sent it back sent it back unopened. It came with a USB cable, but I'll send that back since they probably expect a cable back and I don't want a charge on my card for something as cheap as a USB cable... I know my old cable works, so I'm keeping it.

The "new" 950 has been plugged into the wall charger for a couple of hours and I just recently switched it on to go through the set-up process. It connected to my wifi no problem, and wanted to do a system update, so I told it to go ahead.

The entire media directory from my broken 950 was already backed up to my laptop, so I manually dragged all of that onto the replacement reader (after authorizing it in the Reader software), and I'm now up and running. My entire library is on my "new" 950, and Iobit's File Shredder is deleting my personal info from my old one before I send it in.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy and non-painful this has been. My opinion on Sony's customer service is officially revised and I have a positive impression of them now. Old broken reader will go be dropped off at local FedEx store tomorrow.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote