View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:09 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Due to the many kind words of encouragement and private messages from some of the moderators on this site I am going to end my brief retirement. I still have not figured out the whole em dash thing.
MB,

I believe that you create your books with Book Designer, yes? All you have to do is:

1. Go to this thread and download the book cleaner files. Unzip them into the "BookCleaner" subdirectory of the BD installation.

2. Run BD, and from the "Tools" menu select "Book Cleaner". In the Book Cleaner window, select "1.bcf" from the "input file before formatting" drop-down, and "2.bcf" from the "input file after formatting" drop-down.

3. Close the Book Cleaner window and exit BD.

Those settings will be remembered. Now, whenever you load a new book, Book Cleaner will "process" the file and automatically preserve dashes, etc.

The only other thing you have to do, when you create a SONY book, is go to the "Options" page of the "Make Sony Book" dialog, and in the "Misc" section of the page (at the far right side), set the "Dashes" drop-down to "as it is".

That's it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote