View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #118
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiburis View Post
How on earth is the content dissociated from the container? The container, and therefore the content--which in the case of ebooks is as a matter of plain fact absolutely undissociable from the container--is an electronic file that, if unprotected, can be reproduced, altered and reproduced, corrupted and reproduced, for any reason or no reason, by anybody anywhere.
no, when i talk about the content, i mean the actual text, which can be delivered via different containers such as : a newspaper or magazine, a paperback printed books, a hardcover book, a scroll, giant blocks of chiselled marble, clay tablets, etc. an ebook, being by its very nature virtual, is not tied to any material form, which is precisely why (in theory, at least, if we escape DRM) the SAME text (content) could be displayed and read on my computer screen, my eb1150, my future e-ink device, and / or my telephone screen (which can be considered other containers).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote