View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I use my N700 so much I don't have to dust it off! FBReader is really great but I use it mostly for reading long articles from the WWW. With all my wading through posts, threads, etc., etc., I still haven't figured out how to strip the DRM. It frustrates me much because I consider myself somewhat tech savy.

Most of my books are DRM'd Mobipocket and eReader and with the Garnet VM application installed in my N700 I can read both, plus, for me most importantly, dictionary lookup works perfectly. Dictionary functions in Mobipocket on my DT375, but I have to do a soft reset to get out of the dictionary in eReader...which is a pain.
I know you can get a dictionary in the FBReader and I had it installed in the older version, but haven't bothered figuring out how to install in the the latest version. The repository thing!
My N700 dims in 2minutes and shuts down in 5. Just touch the screen and it's immediately on. The N800 does the same, no? I also have the brightness set at the low end. Think I get 5 or 6 hrs, but it doesn't take long to charge.
deanna
CharlieBird is online now   Reply With Quote