View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNancy View Post
...this shouldn't be so hard. I can't be the only person this has happenned to - anyone reinstalling the software or changing laptops would have the same problem. Why does Sony make it so difficult to love their reader???
Believe me when I say that you're not the only one! I love my Sony 700, but their software is the problem. I've had mine almost a year and a half and I still haven't figured out how to manage my "Collections". I have duplicate collections and because they were synched, I seem to be stuck with them. Besides collections, I wanted to delete the music files, but it won't let me do that either, because they are synched. I don't (or at least didn't) consider myself technically-challenged, but this software makes me feel like it! A lot of people use Caliber to manage their libraries. I've heard lots of good things regarding it. But I just got tired of messing with mine, afraid of making things worse. Sorry- don't want to be discouraging. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

If you search the Sony forum threads for "collections" and/or "synching", you should find some older threads, that may help you. Good luck!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote