Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #66
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Glad to hear you got such perfect support! Is the replacement a new Glo? I'm contemplating getting mine replaced also. My battery life isn't as bad as your girlfriend's was, but it still only 8 days (approximated) in mostly sleep mode and about an hour reading a day. So if this last test appears to indeed give me only 8 days I'll also be going for a replacement. Not sure yet whether to go directly to Kobo or to go to where I bought the Glo.
Yes, it's a brand new one. At least, it has all the appearances. New, sealed box, protective screen cover, etc.

However, I'm not liking the initial results. WiFi off, fully charged, it's dead in 4 days. I'm hoping it's a battery calibration thing, but I have my doubts. It currently has the same book on it that I read on my Sony with no issues whatsoever.

What I may resort to doing, is having my GF use her old Kobo WiFi. Then I will put the same book/books on both her Touch and Glo, charge them both, put them to sleep, and monitor the results.

I'm wondering if these battery issues are exclusive to sideloaded epubs?
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote