View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #79
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
tI have finished the jump keeper feature. The jump keeper menu can be invoked by "B" key. Also you can jump between current page and previous page with "Alt + Back" combo.

The jump keeper logs your every jump (page forwards and backwards are not logged) with two exceptions:
1. current viewing page, if logged, will be deleted from the history
2. every page will show up only once in the jump history. For instance, if you do following jumpings:
page 10 -> page 20 -> page 10 -> page 20
. The jump keeper menu will only show one entries: page 10

I use this strategy because I think it conforms better to my reading habits with real paper books. Not sure this is a good design though. Any improvement suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Actually, this feature is not entirely finished yet because I did not add code to save the jump history for every book you read. So after kindlepdfviewer exits, the history will gone. I prefer to use Serialization approach to save settings (includes history) but current implementation uses sqlite3 as I pointed out in previous post. I am still waiting for feedbacks on this suggesions.

download link:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/Download (link for new version has been posted in later reply)

A bug fix from dpavlin is pulled into this version. Now K3 can correctly use volume key to adjust gamma when reading.

I also did a little improvement for input box, it won't flash when deleting characters now.

Next, I think it's better to add a help menu which displays all the shorcuts. There are too many shortcuts now

Last edited by dave2008; 03-03-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: update download link
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote