View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I don't mind losing the SD card, but I can't seem to reformat it. I've tried several times, and the Quick Format just plain won't work, and the Full Format ground out all night long and then we finally just stopped it because it had obviously hung up.

I emptied the card of all my books BEFORE all the formatting attempts, but the books keep popping back into existence on the card which is, I think, terribly odd. The card always behaved fine until last night - I'm not sure how to fix this. Trying to sync with Calibre again so I can at least get the books OFF the SD card before trying again. This is very odd.

Calibre says:

calibre, version 0.8.3
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 13] Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 62, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 299, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 222, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 366, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 364, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 79, in encode_to_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Last edited by anamardoll; 06-02-2011 at 07:55 AM.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote