View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #22
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
This is tough, because I read so many books I'd give 4 or 4.5 stars for but not 5, because I always find some aspect of the book that holds me back. For example, I just read Iris Murdoch's A Fairly Honorable Defeat and it was great, but the ending was just too ruthlessly cruel to me. So it was yet another book I admire but not love.

The last 5 star book for me was Time Traveler's Wife. It's not perfect and if I re-read it I'll probably find things that bug me, but as I was reading it I was swept away and it ended very satisfyingly for me.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote