View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft View Post
The problem is that certain items in my EPUB collection do not have their cover image files imported into my Android device, which means that in Aldiko there are no covers displayed for those items. All of them are .jpg files at or under 500 pixels length on my Desktop side of things (dunno if that has any impact), but it's kind of random which cover files are imported into my device's SD card and which ones aren't. Any help would be welcome.
I'm guessing the ePubs that don't have covers have been converted to ePub using calibre since April?

It is possible that Aldiko doesn't support SVG images. Calibre uses these images for covers whenever a book is converted to epub. You can have calibre use JPG images by going to the epub output profile and checking the box that says No SVG cover (see attached). This will force calibre to use a jpg as the cover instead. I think that inserting this new JPG cover will require an epub to epub conversion.

If Aldiko creates the thumbnails from the book cover this could fix your problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	No_SVG.jpg
Views:	2551
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	58222  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote