Thread: css question
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #52
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
And that's why I thought you wouldn't like it! ;-)

But as you then went on to attempt a page-full of comparisons..

As so often, when someone thinks they've beaten a subject into submission, they're actually arguing on the wrong side! Someones asks a question. I answer. Everyone benefits, as far as they;re capable of doing so, no-one loses.

I benefit from clarifing my thinking on the topic well enough to compose a reply. If the questioner is equipped to make use of my advice, fine. If he isn't, no harm done. And, most important of all in the present context, other forum readers overhear and learn - or contribute a better solution.

Or I can be a Grinch. No contest really?

Hmmm, yeah....still waiting for any type of real-world example in which you generously impart your hard-earned knowledge to some fledgling musician, and in so doing, enable him to go out and flim-flam his way into a paying gig for which he's not qualified? Thereby enabling the flim-flam? Or where you're sharing that knowledge on some forum, and by so doing, manage to assist in some buyer of music receiving an inferior product? Which in turn, gets discussed around the internet as an example of how crappy ALL musicians are, and how everyone should just learn to play their own music, to save the money of hiring actual, trained musicians, since you all suck? As opposed to some late night BS session, fueled with booze, caffeine, Redbull or some combination thereof, during which you "compose a reply" to some philosophical or theoretical question?

That's all I'm asking for. One actual example of anything, in your line of paying work, that's remotely correlative to the RalphieDee situation. One actual example.

And, really: since you feel so great about sharing all your knowledge, and you have a self-stated gift for the code, then I think you should just go ahead and help Ralphie. Quite honestly, I don't understand why you haven't yet, since you've chided the rest of us for not doing so.

Without any actual "apples-to-apples" comparisons here, there's nothing to discuss.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote