View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@theducks - I have just fixed (for the next release) some performance issues for Close Tabs, Close Other Tabs and also as it happens Open Tab (if you open lots of tabs progressively). All these operations get a fraction slower the more tabs you open in the current beta. The cause is that any time you open or close a tab every single other tab that is open would be refreshing its spelling/syntax highlighting, hence the progressive slowdown.

I believe your merge issue would also be likely affected by this. Particularly if you had the merged tab still open, and were just trying to open/close other tabs - as it would be recalculating highlighting on the (large) merged document every time. If that fits with what you saw then great. If however you had closed the merged tab, had only a single document tab open and still experienced slow operation, then that is something else I am not seeing. What exactly was slow - opening/closing tabs or something else?

Further performance tuning was always intended at some point but getting it all working and stable has been the priority. It's definitely trending in the right direction now though.
Everything gets (and stays slow) slow, once I have done a Merge. Searches, saves, BV<=>CV. "Not responding" is frequently seen.
All cured by a restart of Sigil.

Yes, multiple tabs were open.
Yes, the Merge source was definitely open, and I believe the destination was either open or auto-opens upon merge.