View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
What incentive are we to offer the publishers to spend the time and money clearing the rights issues, cover art issues, and prepping of multiple formats of these books?
You mean apart from the chance to cash in again on books that have been out of print for many years and as such had pretty much no commercial value?

I'd pay a few bucks for that, but certainly not full price, no. To give you an example: I am interested in Peter Tremayne's "Sister Fidelma" books. At $11.38, I'll pass. (I usually don't pay that much for recently released books.)

Quote:
Why go through all the effort to put out a product that you must price low only to see that become a competitor to your products you are pricing high?
Because if you don't give users what they want they will turn to other means. provided they want it desperately enough. In the case of books it's libraries, yard sales, or the darknet. Legally or not, in all of these cases the publisher won't make an additional dime, either.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote