View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #36
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Nope, the question is what for?

All - by any means - crucial information Amazon might ever get to know about you are also known by the company behind your payment method, either your bank or the credit card company. Maybe even AT&T, if you use Whispernet.

WHICH eBooks/authors do you buy. HOW OFTEN do you buy. HOW MUCH do you usually pay. That's data which might be pretty useful for targeting you as a customer.
Ever wonder about all those flyers in the box when you order something tangible from Amazon? That's one of the roads your data goes.
Anything else? Sorry, nope. That's neither naive nor ignorant. Walking through London with each and every of my steps being watched and recorded - now that would really make me nervous ...

Okay, maybe if I buy a pilot's instruction manual for a Boeing 737 and enter a note "keep an eye on crosswinds when heading into the Empire State building", that indeed might cause some trouble, if someone at Amazon would take a look at it ...

Last edited by K-Thom; 03-22-2010 at 08:33 PM.