View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #26
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I think a big part of the issue may be that if Random House bought "All Rights" to publish and distribute the works, which I believe is likely, how are they going to define "All Rights" now.

Are they going to limit it to all rights that were known to be exploitable at the time: which could exclude ebooks - or are they going to take the idea that it means what it says and that "All Rights" means all rights regardless of format. I do know it would be easier for RH to prove their interpretation in cases where they published both the HC and paperback editions (and I don't know how the consolidation of the publishing industry might affect that).

We'll have to wait and see.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote