View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #19
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
my first post (after lurking for many weeks...love all the info here!)

The current kindle may look clunky but the more I use it, the more I appreciate its design and function. I find the page keys very intuitive as I do change my hold/hands depending on whether I am on the couch, sitting at a table, etc. But given all the criticism, I could see Amazon trying to address this (which to me would be a negative). The only thing I would change is moving the switches to the front.

If this is really what is in the works (and I have my doubts), the joystick is too much a geek thing and not for the average reader (same for touch screen over keyboard imo).

I think the killer app for Amazon to woo first time buyers over Sony would be to add a front-light. If Sony had announced it before I bought my Kindle, I would've likely gone the Sony route instead. It was the one feature I was holding out for and only caved after reading that backlighting was impossible with eInk.

(But now that I'm an owner, the wireless functionality, availability of titles, reasonable ebook pricing and wireless downloading far outweigh having a light.)

Last edited by Boston; 10-04-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote