View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #187
ghero
Connoisseur
ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghero ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently owned: Nook HD+, pyrus mini. Previously owned: Sony prs-t2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There can also be a problem when the documents are sent via email or transported in some other way.

Dale
True, but if we assume PDF password does its job, then they got nothing, if they can't open it. But if it is likely for them to open, then... I guess there will be alot more to do, like something I originally suggested (or even beyond).

I think its up to the sony, or any other potential makers of this kind of device, to decide how much futher they want to go, to grab the part of the market that wants file secrecy. I am not a security expert, I can only suggest/point to them, that there are markets that demand for info security/privacy, and I guess I have to left it to them to figure out whether they should go after those consumers.

Additional note:
Let me summerize the privacy and secrecy concerns that's been come across my mind:
1. The customer is a private person, and he does not want people with curiosity around him to check his stuff on his device while he is not guarding the device.
2. The customer might lost his device or left it some where (or the device might be stolen), and his documents on the device should stay in private. (His document contents should not be exposed to some stranger, or thief who happens to pickup his lost device.)
3. The customer is a potential target for spy operation, and the device shall provide him the best possible protection so his docs won't be stolen, or sometimes won't be stolen without leaving behind security warnings or traces, or indications that the secrecy of the document is probaly under threat.
(A good way of keep these kind of traces, is keep a record of logins, whenever someone enters the device password, no matter it is successful or not. Keep like, the record of exact time of all of the most recent logins within a week etc)

Last edited by ghero; 06-17-2013 at 04:17 PM.
ghero is offline   Reply With Quote