View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
I agree that the reading experience is far better on a 6" device than a 5" device. I originally bought a Sony PRS-350 but very soon changed it for the 650. At the moment I'm using a Kobo Touch but have been very tempted by the Mini and Glo.

I keep reminding myself of reading with my 350 and can resist the pull of the Mini, however a few weeks ago I did buy the Glo but ended up returning it as I found the light too bright even at the lowest setting. While I had it I had no problems with side loaded books, (all of mine are side loaded), and all fonts, font sizes, line spacing and margins were adjustable as normal.
I guess your books were all epubs originally? My books are all in mobi/azw3 format and then converted to epub. The only sideloaded books that the glo handled well were epubs loaded via adobe digital editions. I know the books could have been fixed in calibre but it just seemed like a lot of messing about, considering I had a set up that worked perfectly well on the kindle. In the end I also returned my glo due to problems with the WiFi and battery.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 11-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote