View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #242
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
1) Can I highlight, use dictionary and annotate in all text formats (ePubs but also PDFs, txt, etc)
2) Highlighting text is so horrible and painful?
3) I read Kobo's firmware has some bugs and is tech service is not as good as we want, but which bugs are we talking about? Is unstable, or something?

What do you recommend me?

Thanks! Kind regards!
1 - dictionary and annotate are NOT available in pdf, but are in the rest. There are was to export these if you want, but you'll have to search the forums for how to do it (not native functionality). Only annotations/bookmarks in kepubs (Kobo bought books) are synced to Kobo's servers and recoverable if you have a major meltdown or lose your Kobo.
2 - after reading in another post to ignore the handles and just move, I would say it's not bad (but I really don't use it much, so take my opinion with a few grains of salt).
3 - IMHO only big bug is sd card reboots and that should be fixed shortly barring a major showstopper.

I've had all 4 versions of the Kobo e-reader and I would recommend it for reading. Screen from what I've seen of pictures is better on the Glo vs Paperwhite. It looks like you're planning to use it for specific academic type uses, so it's probably worth doing as much specific digging as you can. My usage (and likely a lot of those on here) probably wouldn't resemble yours at all.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote