View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm waiting to see how Samsung responds.
i like my samsung galaxy s 3 and i have a samsung galaxy tab (1st gen) samsungs problem isnt that they have bad devices its they have
62 varieties of android smartphones in last 3years (we arent even counting all the feature phones and windows phones or all the new one in develpoment.

in a 1.8 year period samsung has released three 7 inch tablets, one 7.7 inch tablet, one 8.9 inch tablet, three 10.1 inch tablets. how can a company have 8 lines of product in a 2 year period and inspire any sort of confidence in a product. at least with the telephone samsung is starting to smart up and there arent 60 versions of the galaxy s 3 with minor tweeks. untill samsung picks 3 tablet sizes and really promotes and gets behind them PLUS start pusing thier media and book hubs more they wont have a chance.

the other disadvantage is android & google. i love all the android goodness on my phone but on tablets there are almost NO tablet optimized apps at all they are just phone apps lazily blown up to fit tablets. frankly thats where the ipad has a HUGE advantage with thier 200,000 tablet optimized untill google comes with a real incentive for developers to actually make tablet apps android tablets like my wifes wonderfull asus transformer 300 and keyboard, and my samsung galaxy tab will be distant afterthoughts since currently android tablets is all about the hardware with little/no content made for them. the 7 incher tabs sell best on android because they can make the blown up phone ui and apps look ok but you REALLY see the difference on the larger 9 and 10 inch android tablets.
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote