View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Quite right you are, thanks for pointing me to that. I wasn't 100% sure if the directory would be moved or recreated - as the answer is "moved" then my caution on that was unnecessary.

However as you have a workaround of adding as a zip then that is even better.
I'm happier now that I've found a way to actually tell Calibre about the files - I wasn't entirely confident trusting to it renaming rather than recreating the directory.

Quote:
The only reason I did not suggest that is Calibre uses a zip format for storing html files in. So provided you don't intend to have an html format of a book and an audiobook format then you should be ok.
That also occurred to me after I'd posted. I've only got a few audio books at the moment, and none of them are in HTML format. To prevent problems in future, though, I've decided to use .tar as a format for audio books, so that I can have both HTML and audio versions of a book if I wish.

Quote:
Also of course it also means you have to unzip your audio files each time to play them, where I thought you may have been wanting to keep the files unzipped to use Calibre to send them to a device or something.

However if that solution does what you need then it's all good
I don't mind having to uncompress them in order to play them. At the end of the day, Calibre isn't designed or intended to deal with audio or paper books, so I don't mind some limitations with those, but I like having all my books managed in one place.

Thanks again for your help.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote