View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Not always. Interestingly enough, sometimes the books from Amazon show a number/letter code, like this

B003G83UBE

You can rightclick and rename it tho.
Oh! I didn't realize this; I do indeed have a lot to learn about this new-to-me eBooks world.

That naming methodology seems a bit annoying - must be "amazon-speak!" This would force me to download one book at a time instead of downloading several in one session so that I could immediately rename the file to correspond with the book title. Since I live in the US, I have the luxury of just using Whispernet to download directly from Amazon. Other sites that I have used to download eBooks to my PC, including here on MobileRead, have all had the courtesy to have the title included in the file name.

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 10-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote