View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Beginner-reader
Enthusiast
Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Beginner-reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Just got a Kindle 4 NT! Any recommendations?

Hello everybody,

I'm not an avid reader yet, but I want to become one. That's why I bought a Kindle 4 NT for Christmas. I finished my first book today (I started it yesterday, but it was only 30k words long.)
So far, I've been reading non-fiction "how-to" books. I used to read them on the computer, but my eyes don't like LCD screens very much.
Since most of the good books I have are either in pdf format or sitting in my physical bookshelf, I need to find new ones in mobi format.

Since I don't have a big vocabulary, I'd like to read something fairly easy. I tried "Cherub" and "Alex Rider" but I find both books pretty hard to understand. Then again, I can always look up some words on the Kindle.

I like detective/spy stories, but I'm ready to give any book a try... as long as it's not an autobiography.
Beginner-reader is offline   Reply With Quote