View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing, and for all who contributed!

I wonder if it would be possible to have it automatically disable the screensaver when it is running. Basically so you don't have to input the ~disable screensaver bit each time. Or maybe there is a way to have it run instead of the screensaver.

As of now, you can probably easily create a Launchpad shortcut that would merely delay the screensaver from running instead of disabling it. I would just write a script that would first change the screensaver timeout (maybe change it to 24 hours or something), using a variant of this script: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162300, then have it run this clock program, and then when closed, it restores the screensaver timeout to what it was before. However, this is a bit of a workaround, and I am sure there is a much better way to do it.

Also, just to share, since the eInk lets you see the ghosting of where the second hand was in past seconds, I found it interesting that each of the fainted lines aren't uniformly spaced, or exactly the same amount of distance away from one another. Perhaps this reflects what geekmaster was talking about in regards to the delay the time the sleep(1) versus usleep(1000000) does. As such, it might not keep an accurate time as it stands now. But I would have to keep it on this clock for a while to test the accuracy of it.

Finally, would it be possible to be able to put both the kTimepiece program and the *.png files into a separate folder, rather than cluttering up the main directory, such as '/mnt/us/kTimepiece/' or something? I can already place the program into that folder and change the Launchpad shortcut, but the *.png of the clock itself has to be in the main directory.

Regardless, glad to finally get a nice little clock! Thanks.

Last edited by inameiname; 04-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote