View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #39
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
No I'm describing an e-ink screen with non luminescent color and a glowing screen like you have in some watches to see the LCD display. I thought it was obvious.

EDIT: It appears there is a Nook with a glowing screen for night reading. So not only Sony fails in adding a glow feature but it's been done before so it's not even new so to speak.
Sony did have a glowing screen eink reader a few years back, the PRS-700. It didn't sell well if I recall correctly. I did think that they would try to add a glow screen again this time around. I'm not particularly interested in the glow screens as I'd rather have longer battery life and I am very happy with the lighted case, but I imagine that the new Nook Glow is popular in the U.S.

I will skip this generation of Sony reader, which is not to say that I think that the PRS-t2 isn't likely a good product, it is just not one worth upgrading my T1 for.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote