View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098
What did you mean by "Post us with your progress on this issue"? My kindle is working.
Watching clock.gmv.gz
Ahh... Great! The post looked like your debricking was still "in progress". I will add this to the success reports in the "simple debricking" sticky.

UPDATE: I just noticed that your actual "success report" was posted to an unrelated "searchbar shortcut" thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2078806

Judging by the hundreds of downloads of the forensic images, the majority of successful debrickings go unreported. It is nice to have reports to add to this list, so that others can click them to learn how to debrick their kindles in those specific conditions. Of course, needing to register with mobileread to post a success report imposes a barrier that limits the number of reports to a fraction of actual successful debrickings.

EDIT: And now that our debricking tools and methods have advanced to the point that getting a bricked kindle working again has become easy enough that it is a common procedure for developers to routinely debrick their kindles as part of the development process, the very definition of a "bricked" kindle is losing its meaning. This is a good thing.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-12-2012 at 11:31 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote