View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #48
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Interesting if it has an SD card internally?
At least then perhaps it can be replaced by a 32 GB and that ridiculous 500 MB partition expanded to 28 GB instead

Anyway, this new Nook represents everything what I hate:
1. No buttons
2. Glowing screen (completely unnecessary, I blame B&N for pioneering it)
3. No SD card

If T3 were rooted - it would be just perfect.
For now, rooted T2 is the best reader for sure. I don't feel a lack of resolution.
And I own an Aura HD too - which is getting better too, now it already has Cool Reader 3. But it will never have buttons ....

I think maybe it is a good time to get a Nook ST just in case, while there are still normal readers available with all 3 of my conditions satisfied.

BTW, I hate this term "sideloading". It has a bad connotation.
Uploading books via USB is the main and most natural way to do it.
You want to have full control what and where you are uploading.
Also you don't want various stores to delete your legally bought books if they feel like it.
Or just to snoop around.

Last edited by parkher; 10-30-2013 at 10:48 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote