View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
As a voracious reader, I'm definitely in favor of lower ebook prices. Unfortunately, for the books I'm interested in, I haven't seen as much of a price reduction as I'd been led to believe would take place. I still have an Amazon wish list of books whose ebook prices are - to me personally - overpriced, with the highest being a T.C. Boyle short story collection at $17.99, and none of the prices have budged. In fact a nonfiction history book by Susan Wise Bauer recently jumped about $6. These publishers could be getting more of my money than they are.

For example, I'm reading American Colonies by Alan Taylor right now. I reluctantly checked the - gasp!- physical book out of the library (it is a frikkin' doorstop!), after months of waiting for the ebook ($15.99) to come down in price. My library doesn't have it in ebook format. I would've paid up to $10 or maybe even broken my own rule and gone up to $12 for this particular title, given that is a nonfiction book that required much research, is rather lengthy, and is highly acclaimed. Still, it was also released 11 years ago, so $16 is too high.That's probably lost revenue for Penguin and Amazon, though I may buy the book after I read it (if it comes down in price), to have a copy for myself and to support the author and encourage similar books to be written and published.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote