View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #305
pholler
pholler doesn't litterpholler doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 keyboard
Just downloaded calibre last evening...

so I can't get much newer than that.

I want to keep things simple, which is what caught my eye on this thread. But I find the discussion way above my current level of understanding.

I have a Kindle 3 (keyboard) and want to work with about 2000 books that I have on it.

Have explored the caliber online help, but wondering whether some kind person here could direct me to the simplest set of instructions as to how to get started. (No point in trying to reinvent the wheel on my own, if simple instructions exist somewhere.)

I transferred 9 ebooks to caliber that I had on my PC, and experimented with metadata last evening. Figured out how to get the metadata & cover, but one thing has me stumped: how to edit the year the book was published in metadata. A current month's calendar pops up, and I figured out to click on the year and then it allows me to enter the correct year of publication--but it always inserts a month, when I have no idea which month the book was published. (Note: these are old books, some from the 1800s, histories, etc. So there are no ISBN numbers.)

Thank you very much.