View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Interesting, and thanks for the info.

My Sony only has 8-levels but it achieves many more shades by mixing pixels of the greys that it can manage, so all 8 tests show a subtle change in level. Some end up looking very 'smooth' and others look a bit 'grainy' so maybe sometimes I've hit the non-blended greys.

Perhaps readers also differ when rendering paragraph background-colour as opposed to rendering an image. I wonder if some readers snap to the nearest non-mixed grey.
I have run various firmware (Astak,L-Book,Jinke), This version is from Jinke and does not allow you to set the screen 're-flash?' mode. I have noticed other images are washing out (appear, then washout) when the text paints. Interestingly, cover images (no HTML Text), look fine.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote