View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #62
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9littlebees View Post

I stare at LCD monitors all the time for work and for two of my major hobbies (programming and digital photography), plus I am often using my Android phone for the usual texting/emailing/random smartphoning, so the appeal of an ink reader is quite high. As I mentioned earlier, the only time I really have to read normally is at night in bed, so the innovation of built in lighting to an ereader is a huge pus for me, and the main reason I decided to buy one.
Soooo on the same page. Plus reading on my smartphone during the day on the bus and such drains the battery too much and isn't all that pleasant on a 4.3 inch screen.

Quote:

For anyone interested, my photography website is fotokay.net.
I checked it out, and I have to say I like your work. Any chance I could get a copy of the mantis one? I'd love to have it as a wallpaper on my tablet (maybe also the parade one). Don't worry, I'll respect your wishes if you say no, I won't try to finagle it by disabling scripts or some underhanded method. And one more question about the pics... is that you and your girlfriend? Or just some wedding you crashed

Quote:

Again, these are things I am planning on addressing. My girlfriend is German and I speak the language at an intermediate level, so displaying non-English characters (umlaut, esszet, grav, circumflex, etc) is one big element I plan on looking into. I will ensure that I look at all the supported languages and will endeavour to find an ebook in the relevant language to test whether the script is displayed correctly. I can't stress supported enough, though. If Kobo do not support a non-Latin alphabet (i.e. Cyrillic, Arabic, Japanese), then I will obviously not be able to test it. I'll be providing a full list of supported and availabe languages in the review, naturally, as well as commenting on how much space they take up on that 1GB system partition (if I can figure out where they're stored!).
Well, obviously. It would be too much to ask you to check for every language. Especially as languages which aren't officially supported could possibly be properly displayed on one font but not another. Plus there's also the fact that you might not know if they are displayed correctly if instead of the funky empty boxes they just display a wrong character (which is what actually happens with text messages over here if you use accents on any vowel/letter except "e", and they charge you double to boot). But if one day you got REAAALLY bored and decided to test out every language in the world, one by one, I wouldn't complain

Quote:

As mentioned in a previous post, although not displayed on the kobo website, a bit of digging on the interwebs turns up a Kobo Glo factsheet, which provides data for the following supported formats:

EPUB, PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TXT, HTML, RFT, CBZ, CBR.
Sorry about that, I missed that post. And I mean that literally since I tried to read the entire thread (thought I had though I obviously missed at least one post) as I hate to repeat questions/suggestions/comments that have already been made. Down with litter I say, even digital litter.

And yeah, I didn't really contribute anything to the thread witht his post...But I did feel the need to say that I liked your pics
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote