View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
One thing though: books that already exist on the device aren't updated when I re-send them from Calibre with the new title settings... I have to remove from device first, then re-send. (Don't have to eject and process content between deleting and re-sending.) Is this expected behaviour, or should it be able to write over the existing book?
That is expected. The way the Kobo readers work is to process a book the first time it is seen. It adds the book to its database. When doing this it extracts the title, authors, description, some other metadata and the TOC. But, if you replace the book later, it doesn't reprocess it for updates. This is good for performance, but annoying for this sort of thing.

Quote:
Also, I noticed, the new* sending of the cover "always" thing is just delicious, it gets rid of my most hugest pet-peeve of the ridiculous side margins for covers squishing the covers to a too narrow aspect ratio.
I'm glad you like it. I nearly didn't add the option. In fact, I think one of the beta testers advised against it. But, when I looked at the code, it was a simple change and an obvious option. But, personally, I don't use any of the cover options. I'll rely on you to tell me if it is broken
Quote:
EDIT: actually, the latter is not *completely* true. For some reason the smallest thumbnails still have stupid margins, but only on *some* books. Sigh. Confusing system with the different images per size.
I haven't checked if the image size have changed with the new firmware. That might explain this. Also, I don't have a Glo, so I don't know if they use different sizes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote