View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #64
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I don't know. All I know is that the book was written and published in one form, and now someone else feels justified in changing it. It's outrageous.
How do you feel about all the many any varied different productions of Shakespeare plays? Should theatre companies only produce a work that is as faithful as can possibly be to how they were originally staged?

Quote:
People here seem to go bonkers over a hint of censorship. Isn't it a form of censorship to alter what the author wrote to make it more palatable? Would you think it was hunky-dory for some member of the religious right to tone down Fanny Hill and rewrite it so that Fanny is punished for her "sins"?
If a) they don't try to hide what they have done, and b) the original is still available, then I don't have a problem with that.
If you haven't removed the original, how have you censored it?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote