View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
amybobamy
Befuddled Neophyte
amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I think you need to also let us know where in the world you are; I think ninth grade could be in a few places.

Note wifi could be a blessing and a curse! It would make it easier to get the texts onto the devices, but your students could be off browsing and texting during class...

What sort of books are you intending to set? If it's just novels then 6" eInk readers makes sense, but if you're looking at books with pictures or complex diagrams you'd want something bigger and probably based around colour screens.

Graham
Thank you for asking these good questions!

I am in California. This is a one-time opportunity to use grant funds, so I need to be both diligent, and in a hurry (a bad combinatoin).

The students will be reading short stories and novels. The expense of the downloads is a concern, so one of my questions is whether I will be able to legitimately "share" a single copy with the class. Don't know if this is possible, but would like to find out!
amybobamy is offline   Reply With Quote