View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #85
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by alism View Post
I received my PW friday night. I've read most of the reviews and problems people reported but I seem to have a different problem then everyone else. My screen and lighting look good but I have a problem with the page refresh. I set the page to refresh every 6 pages but the device has a mind of its own. It goes between a one page refresh and 6 page every few minutes while reading. (its not me changing the setting). And when it does the one page refresh it is slow slower than my kindle 3 or prs350.
I actually had issues with the page refresh as well, but next to my other problems, it seemed rather insignificant. On mine, I had the flashing every page, whether I had page refresh on or off (it did not matter a bit), however, when it was set on "off", I would get the ghosting in addition to the flashing. I know it does not make any sense. Because it was a slow refresh, I could see the screen turn black then "white" again. (On my K4S I had never seen it done so slowly, so I never noticed the black.) I thought that was weird, but after letting it sit for a few hours, the problem disappeared on its own.

And, I only had three books on the device at the time, so no indexing in the background.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote