View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #39
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
That doesn't actually answer my question.

Why is Mickey 'special'? Why should Disney have exclusive rights to him forever and ever, when the same principles applied to the works of the Brothers Grimm or Charles Perrault or Shakespeare would mean that most of Disney's movies would not even exist?

Yes, others are free to use Hamlet or Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty, but no one will ever be allowed to use Mickey because some corporation can buy a few Senators.

What I don't understand is why you think that's A-OK.
Only a wild guess, but I assume that tubemonkey is ok with it because that silly mouse character is a disgrace for all murine creatures and too ridiculous to be considered worthy of affecting general U.S. copyright law ... I tend to agree ...

But Donald rules.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote