View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #18
gentleice
gentleice began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1, iPad (destroyer of eyes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwerle View Post
At present you need to use a PC running Windows or a Mac with OsX in order to register the reader with Adobe.

I tried using the US store instead, but kept getting errors
I Adobe-authorized my T1 (one week old tomorrow, yippee!) entirely via the ereader's wi-fi. While waiting for the reader to be delivered, I was reading about authorization issues for users outside of North America and giving myself conniptions since I was hell-bent on not installing the Sony Reader software on my computer.

But the authorization process turned out to be a breeze. During set-up, I simply indicated US as my location and signed up for a new account at the US Reader Store using my Adobe ID email address. Voila, Adobe authorized! All done without once connecting the reader to a computer and it worked a charm.

So, it does seem like you had errors with the US store because you had previously attempted linking to the UK store. I don't think there's any IP-tracking as I connected and signed into the US store from this part of the world (Singapore) without any trouble at all.

And boy, am I glad that I don't ever have to deal with the Sony Reader software! Everything I need to do can be done using Calibre, side-loading, or directly via wi-fi.
gentleice is offline   Reply With Quote