View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Like the MS Courier page-turn patent application.
But if it scares even one developer into sanity, it will have served a purpose.
How much does one patent application cost to file? And how close is the desing parameters? So how many desing patents one needs to get all variations covered?

Just for interest...

Design patents combined with the justice system that currently seem to exist is quite problematic, at least from some viewpoint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I love the bookshelf graphics such as the first Kindle Fire had, and I especially love animated physical book page turn graphics. I've been wishing ever since I got an e-reader that I could get one that has page turn graphics like that. In fact, I think when I first started posting here, in the "which e-reader should I get?" questions forum, one thing I may have listed in wanting in an e-reader was the page turn graphics. More important considerations won out though and unluckily the e-readers I've gotten so far don't do it.
After a few thousands paged and those tens, hundred or few hundred milliseconds lost whit each turn is it worth it? It's one of those small details that do look good, but get in the way of usability eventually.

Last edited by Ekaros; 11-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote