Thread: Author's name
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
I see where this is supposed to go and have been able to fix it in a couple of test files. Here is an example from a Feedbooks OPF file.

<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Kuprin, Aleksandr">Aleksandr Kuprin</dc:creator>

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like using the "opf:file-as" this should be listed in my Sony as "Kuprin, Aleksandr" and be found under the K's, but it's not. When I look at the index Title by Author, this book is listed at the top, with the A's as "Aleksandr Kuprin".

Here is code from my Feedbooks version of Emma that does sorts correctly by last name:

<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="Austen, Jane">Austen, Jane</dc:creator>

Notice that the author is listed last name first in both instances. Seems like the "file-as" isn't kicking in like it should? Is this something with my Sony 505, or something else I should be looking for? I really don't want to have to change the code on my 700+ book library!

Hadrien?
I'm doing the right thing here, it's Sony's fault. opf:file-as was designed to properly sort books while dc:creator should be used whenever you display the author's name.
I'm not going to mess up my metadata.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote