View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Hi Bookworm1959

The current buzz is that by February 17th there will be an operating system update which will permit the download of other readers and I'm sure I saw mention of Overdrive possibly being supported as well.

There is currently a Kobo Reader in place, but it's very restrictive ... to it's own bookstore. I don't think that you can sideload into it at all ... let alone library books.

I purchased an app called Book Reader ... but it doesn't support DRM which puts the kibosh on library books. While I dislike [and so remove] DRM on books that I've purchased, I wouldn't dream of removing the DRM on library books.

Personally, for every day reading, I'll stick to my Sony PRS650 because long term reading on an LCD device, even one with a brilliant screen like the Playbook, begins to really bother my eyes. That said, I do use the Playbook to read the Beatrix Potter books to my granddaughter and for cookbooks.

HTH

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote