Thread: MobileRead March 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #89
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I was just reading some reviews of Wild and you actually came to mind. I was reading along and I thought to myself, "Issybird would really hate this book!"
Issybird would be so right. I just got the digital loan of Wild today and this obsessive/compulsive who must finish every book could not stomach more than the first couple dozen pages.

I'm an experienced backpacker and wanderer of wilderness. Few people are as frustrating as those who go ignorant and unprepared into back country expecting to be rescued by the kindness of strangers. They put at risk anyone who stumbles across them. I'm afraid the author may actually encourage fools to follow her example.

After years of working in Death Valley NP I am perhaps over-sensitive to this type of idiot. But I'm so happy this book lost.

Maybe this should have gone into the Rant thread.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote