View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #126
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with Kobo. It is a style chosen* by whoever created the book in the first place. At the most, Kobo is running a supplied book, probably the epub version, through a conversion utility to add the kepub specific things. None of these changes would affect the styles used in the book or the layout. And when I compare the kepub and epub, they always have the same styles. But, I have seen one or two kepubs that did what you want.

* I am being polite here. While I state "chosen" I actually assume "forgot to set" or "didn't know they could set".
That's what I first thought. But, if that's true, then how come the same kepub synced to my iPhone kobo app (ugh, yuck, never use, except for when horridly my Glo battery died unexpectedly) does show without huge fat double line breaks (just a slightly larger line height before each new paragraph), even has an indent for each new paragraph and allows me to switch off "kobo formatting" which completely gets rid of the slightly larger line height. The result even looks nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
But this also removes the intentional blank lines between paragraphs, the scene breaks.
If scene breaks are properly tagged with a different tag than new paragraphs, that should be workably, no? Still, I'd still prefer no double line break in all instances if I'd have to choose all or nothing. I hate huge white lines all over the screen just because there's dialogue or the author writes short paragraphs.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote