View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Perhaps it's fine for you. But if one is noticing "blotchiness" or uneven lighting they will most likely find this on any replacement. It's only a matter of where and how much.
I agree. There are some MR members who post pictures of what they perceive as good screens, which others, who have been in a loop of replacements, see as blotchy.
I have not yet read of a single member who has had a rainbow screen and received one with an even non-colorful background.

Jbthomson, you can try to get a replacement either way. The more defective units need to be replaced, the sooner Amazon will have to take action and improve their manufacturing process.

I bet we'll see a lot of refurbished PWs soon. How sad, to think that someone will end up with my faulty units and pay good money for them
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote