View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Error Converting Zip Files w/ Multiple Formats

So I was converting some manga for use on my Sony Reader when I discovered an issue. Some of my files were not being converted into CBZ formats upon adding to calibre and would not convert into LRF. I looked into it and thought at first it was an issue with PNG files but have since discovered it is not. What is happening is that I have a zip file with both JPG images and PNG images in it. This causes calibre to to give an error resulting in an unconvertible file. One solution I found was to convert the files into one type of image (i.e. all png or or jpg), create a new archive, and it will then convert properly. Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I figured if it hasn't, some others could possibly benefit. Maybe a future version will be able to correct this so multi-format archived files can be converted properly.

Code:
ValueError:Could no find an ebook inside the archive

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 1800, in convert_ebook
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 39, in convert_single_ebook
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 124, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 163, in setup_pipeline
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 483, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 561, in unarchive
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 572, in find_html_index
ValueError: Could not find an ebook inside the archive
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote