View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I would also toss out the Entourage eDge or the iRex (DR800SG||Iliad).

The Entourage seems ideal for a student. The DR800SG is good if you don't need annotations too badly, and the Iliad would be good for your PDFs. The DR800SG will probably support annotations before too long, but I wouldn't buy it if you NEED that feature. I probably wouldn't buy the Iliad myself because I already have a collection of microSD cards and don't want to diverge from that format.

The PRS-900 is a good option from what I've heard. My main complaint with it was that I tried the PRS-600 in Best Buy and was very unhappy with the firmware. It was so bad that it would drive me batty. YMMV.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote