View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #483
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
No, English is not my native tongue. Jaden, I didn't mean to offend you or Terisa de morgan.
Don't worry, I'm not offended at all.

Quote:
I tried to write it as neutral as possible but as both of you mentioned there were some slips. Yes, I did use shortcomings and that is expressing some kind of dislike.
It's sometimes not easy to be neutral. One expression can make the difference. And I'd say it's even more complicated if the language is not one's native tongue.

Quote:
Putting our own personal preferrences aside.
If in a direct product comparision a kepub is used on a Kobo device and a regular epub on other devices and the latter look more or less identical and the Kobo notably different I'm not convinced a potential buyer will walk away with a Kobo device (most of the times).
It depends on what the potential buyer wants, of course.

Some might find the blank lines nice, others disctracting, others might not even realize the difference (or will not care).

Lots of people will not have chances to even test the devices in a store. At least that's the case over here.

I live in a bigger city so it's not that big a problem. Still I could not find a store that had an Aura on display. And the devices the shops have on display sometimes don't work or don't have books on them.

An even bigger problem of the Kobo readers IMHO is that you have to register them before you can even access the menu or use sideloaded books. And that's what stores often don't do so potential buyers will not even have a chance to test them.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote