View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #270
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I was looking at the author of Heartland books on my local library and they had the first book on Google Preview, and I read the first several chapters. It was the same as the first episode, except Ty was actually working for Amy's Mom, he dropped out of school! Totally different on the TV show.
Yeah, they changed stuff, especially a bunch of the character backgrounds. The Wikipedia article on the TV show has more details (may be a little spoilery). But the spirit should be the same. Glad to see your library has some of the DVDs for you to enjoy!

Quote:
Interesting.... They didn't share those in the US.
I think we send them to Germany and the UK instead.

If you liked the love interest on Sue Thomas, you might be interested to know that the actor is now the star of Murdoch Mysteries, a very good historical detective show set in 1890s Toronto, which I know is out on DVD is the US. I highly recommend it, and it's also based on a series of novels by Maureen Jennings (a few changes here and there, but nothing major), and it's as "clean" as one could want if one had any concerns about explicit sex and violence (allowing for the murders and all).

Quote:
Sorry I don't know how to split quotes so I bolded them.
You have to do it manually and type [ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ] (without the spaces) around the bits you want to quote. If you want attribute the extra quotes to the original poster and link back to their original post, then you have to copy-paste the very first [ QUOTE ] the system sets up for you, which will look like [ QUOTE=userername;1234567 ] before the bit you're quoting.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote