View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by digid View Post
I am having a slow down also, on OSX, latest version, 4 gig of ram 3 year old laptop. It has gotten so bad that it is next to impossible to use.
  • Are you running your library on a local drive or on the network, using something like a NAS device?
  • What version of OSX are you running?
  • What version of calibre are you running?
I have found from experience that users saying they're running the latest version doesn't tell us anything. Are you running the current version 0.7.42? This can be seen in the status bar in lower left hand side of calibre.
  • Describe exactly items or processes that you find slow.
One of my libraries is 12500 books and there is no slowness problem on a basic office computer (core2duo, 2ghz, 3.5g of ram) running Windows XP. Many optimizations were implemented in the last 6 months that sped up searches so I don't think you should be seeing the delays you describe.

After you add in some specifics other OSX users might be able to help out.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-24-2011 at 12:12 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote