View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostykist View Post
I had just downloaded Calibre for Windows 7 and wanted to convert fanfiction on it so I went to preferences-> get plugin, the whole thing then froze and the title bar said "not responding".

So after waiting for a LONG while I decided to close it through task manager. When I went to re-open caliber all I got was a few seconds of the "thinking circle" then nothing

So I left clicked and tried to open as Administrator. Nothing. Looked at my task manager to see if it was running but hiding. NOTHING.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried it all again. Unsurprisingly I got the exact same result. What am I doing wrong? HELP, I'm about to flip my sh*t!!!
Un-installing never deletes settings or the Library.

You will need to locate the (usually hidden) 'Calibre configuration directory'

Deleting the contents of this folder will lose any customizations you have made, INCLUDING the location of the Library. I would wait for a second opinion..

Upon restarting, you will need to specify the location (folder) of the previous Library, and re-install and configure any plugins.

Of course, if you have a backup of the folder, simply restore it and start Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote