View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Question ReInstalling Ermine -- Wont start update.zip (just loads normally)

As I put in the title, Im ReInstalling Ermine but my PE wont start update.zip (just loads normally).

I have Ermine installed but ran into an issue with some type of unmounted SD card issue (as posted in my other thread), and since nobody else has run into it, im just going to make afresh start.

Im going with golden allmine, and, like a windows reinstall, i was trying to install over tge previous version. Is that my issue?

I have a 1/2 gig (500 mb) usb drive with the golden allmine update.zip, and the gapps zip file both in root directory. I also have a folder for Titanium Backup files (will that affect install?), and a folder called LOST.DIR an empty directory that seems to auto install on all mounted sd and usb cards/drives.

I boot while holding the tablet side menu top button, and rotate third buttons held. I hold for ten seconds, twenty, and i even try holding the whole boot process... every time its the same.

It gets to the third dot, the screen saver on the reader changes 2 or 3 times, it reboots (while im still holding both buttons) and finally boots normally. Whole process is about 90 seconds only for both boots.

Do I need to go to dingo first? I bought this PE with Ermine already installed, so its all a bit new to me.

Many Thanks!

JdM
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote